With approximately 20 days to go for the Phase 1 of RBI Grade B 2019 Exam, it is high time that we devise a preparation plan and carve out a strategy for our prelims. RBI Grade B Phase 1 exam is scheduled on 9th of November 2019 and Phase 2 is on 1 December 2019. Remember, about a lakh aspirants will write the phase 1 exam and only a few thousands (2000-3000) get selected for Phase 2. A wise person would use this remaining time to his/her full advantage. In this blog, we have curated an RBI Grade B Last 20 Days Preparation plan for Phase 1 that will help you cover the syllabus of phase 1 and thereby prepare you for the exam.
Let us take a glance at the Phase 1 Exam Pattern. This year in the notification, it is mentioned that there would be sectional timings but at the same time, there is no clear information about the exact time limit in each section. This would be made clear once the admit cards are out. There would be an information handout along with the Admit cards which would give answers to our query about the sectional timings.
- RBI Grade B Last 20 Days Preparation Plan – Phase 1
- RBI Grade B Phase 1 Mock Test Schedule
- Resources & Study Material
- RBI Grade B Online Preparation
RBI Grade B Last 20 Days Preparation Plan – Phase 1
RBI Grade B Phase I Exam Pattern 2019 – Online Examination (Objective Type)
This will comprise a single Paper for 200 marks and will be held on November 9, 2019.
Name of the Test
|1.||General Awareness||80||120 Minutes
Separate time will be allotted for each test.
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Mock Test Schedule
First of all, let us make a schedule for RBI Grade B Mock Tests. At this point, Mock tests would be the most effective way to prepare for Phase 1. Taking up Mock tests would help you test yourself and as well as improve.
|Mock Tests No.||Date|
|Mock Test 1||22 October|
|Mock Test 2||25 October|
|Mock Test 3||29 October|
|Mock Test 4||2 November|
|Mock Test 5||5 November|
Important Points Regarding Phase 1 Mock Tests
- Analyse the Mock Test – The real advantage of taking up the Mock Test is realised only after the Mock Test Analysis. So sit and spend an adequate amount of time in analysing the test. Note down your shortcomings and try to improve upon them and make sure that those are not repeated in the next Mock Test.
- Identify your areas of strength – Make sure that you get everything right in topics that you are very good at. Try and get complete advantage of these topics in the real exam as well.
- Identify your areas of weakness – Give some time to the topics that you think you are weak in. Try and improve on those. If you can improve, well and good, otherwise avoid solving them in real exam.
RBI Grade B Phase 1 – Previous Years Cut off Marks
Let us have a look at the previous years cut off marks of Phase 1 now so that you can understand the minimum and maximum attempts that you have to make in each of the sections.
Overall Cut off
The 2018 Phase 1 paper was on the easier side that is why the cut off marks were on the high. But to be on the safe side, attempting 120+ would be recommended so that your chances of selection are fairly high.
Phase 1 General Awareness Revision
As we can see in the Phase 1 Exam Pattern, General Awareness section carries the maximum marks (40% of the total marks), make sure that you are thorough with the last 6 months current affairs. If you have enough time, you can go beyond 6 months and cover up to 8-10 months of General Awareness.
General Awareness Revision and the time to be given for it:
- November 1st Week – 1 Day
- October 2019 – 2 Days
- September 2019 – 2 Days
- August 2019 – 2 Days
- July 2019 – 2 Days
- June 2019 – 2 Days
- May 2019 – 2 Days
- April 2019 – 2 Days
- Cover the Schemes, Reports & Indices – From Month of January to October.
Other things that need to revised are
- Union Budget 2019-20 Summary
- Economic Survey 2018 Summary
- Census 2011 & Socio-Economic Caste Survey 2011 – Highlights
- Banking Terminology
- Headquarters of Banks
- Banking Abbreviations
- State Festivals
- National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Recent Books
- World Heritage Sights
- Headquarters of Important Financial Organisations (Indian as well World)
- National & International Days & Themes
Remember that the static GK that is asked is somewhere or the other related to the latest current affairs. So while you read and revise the current affairs, try to cover the static GK related to them. Let’s say for example if a bank is in news cover its headquarters, MD & CEO etc.
Also, give requisite importance to static Economic & Banking Awareness.
Resources & Study Material
1. General Awareness
Monthly Current Affairs PDF – 2019
We will update you as soon as the October bolt is live. Till then keep revising the October daily news affairs as well.
- Monthly Current Affairs – September 2019: http://bit.ly/boltSep2019
- Monthly Current Affairs – August 2019: http://bit.ly/boltAug2019
- Monthly Current Affairs – July 2019: http://bit.ly/boltJuly2019
- Monthly Current Affairs – June 2019: http://bit.ly/boltJun2019
- Monthly Current Affairs – May 2019: http://bit.ly/boltMay2019
- Monthly Current Affairs – April 2019: http://bit.ly/boltApril2019
- Banking Awareness PDF – Free BOLT
- Economy Bolt – Static Economy GK eBook
- Union Budget 2019-2020 – Sector-Wise Summary
- Economic Survey 2019 Summary – Download Now
- Census 2011 – Summary and Key Findings
- GA Sessions – Banking & Financial Awareness
3. Quantitative Aptitude –
4. English Language – Refer Here for Free English Language Sessions
So, this was all from us in this blog of “RBI Grade B Last 20 Days Preparation Plan 2019” for Phase 1. We hope that you could benefit from the strategy and resources given in the blog. All the Best for your exam. Prepare well and give your best.
RBI Grade B Online Preparation
If you looking for the RBI Grade B Study Material for both Phase 1 & Phase 2, we are here to help you out with our Course and Mock Test Series.
Enrol for Mission RBI Grade B 2019 Course
Read the Course Features: What all you get once you enrol for the course
|Phase 1||Phase 2|
|1.||100 Video Lessons for GA, Reasoning, Quant and English||11 Live Classes for ESI and F&M|
|2.||MCQ sessions for Current affairs of last 6 months||8 Live Practice Sessions|
|3.||10 Full-Length Mock Tests||50+ Video Lectures for ESI and F&M|
|4.||Special Live Classes on Exam Pattern & Strategy for Quant, Reasoning and English.||Special Live Classes on Exam Pattern & Strategy|
|5.||Live Practice Sessions for Quant, Reasoning, English and GA.||Complete Notes for ESI and F&M|
|6.||25 full-length Mock Tests|
|7.||6 special classes for descriptive English|
You can enrol for the course using the link given below.
[gdlr_button href=”https://www.oliveboard.in/rbi-grade-b/?ref=hny” target=”_blank” size=”large” background=”#1b5df1″ color=”#ffffff”]Enroll here for Mission RBI Grade B 2019 Course[/gdlr_button]
Also Read: RBI Blogs